Manuel Creative Arts Academy
Policies And Procedures
1. All payments are processed by pre-authorized credit cards on the same day of the month as the students registration. Private lessons ($80 per month for weekly 30 minute sessions at our location, $160 per month for hour long lessons.) Tuition is never prorated for missed lessons. Tuition does not include any retail teaching materials such as books or instruments.
CANCELLATIONS AND MAKEUPS
2. For any lessons missed by a teacher, the Academy will attempt to provide a substitute teacher. If a substitute teacher is unavailable, a private makeup lesson with the teacher will be scheduled promptly. For any lesson missed by a student, Manuel Music Studio will attempt to schedule a make up lesson at its own discretion. Lessons missed by a student will only be made up if notice is received prior to 24 hours before students lesson time.
3. To discontinue lessons and to discontinue charges to your account, fill out the withdrawal form prior to 14 days before your last month. We do not prorate tuition for the last month’s lessons Students will be responsible for their last month’s tuition whether or not they attend lessons.
AVERAGE OF FOUR LESSONS PER MONTH
4. Monthly tuition is based on a 48 week year. We are closed four weeks for holidays. In the long months, you will get five lessons, short months such as November and December, you will get three lessons, and most months you will get four lessons. The tuition is the SAME each month; i.e. we don’t charge you more when you have five lessons, and we don’t charge you less when you have three lessons in a month. This makes everyone’s accounting easier.
5. Manuel Music Studio operates year round and does not close for the summer. We are happy to offer makeups for our students, please schedule these with your instructor in advance. If you are taking a month off for vacation and want to resume the next month, your payment is still due on the first of the month to reserve your lesson space. The lessons for the month you miss can be made up when you return from vacation.
CARE OF STUDENTS
6. The school is not responsible for providing before or after care for students. Parents with children under the age of eight must remain in the school lobby during the classes. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time periods before or after their lessons.
OPEN DOOR POLICY
7. Parents are always allowed to sit in on lessons. We have an open door policy for lessons. If you are having lessons for your child in your home, an adult from your family must be present to supervise all lessons.
8. Parents, legal guardians of minors, students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal lesson activity or any other activity conducted by the students or their siblings before, during, or after lesson time, including hearing loss or hearing damage. Manuel Music Studio is not responsible for any damage done to vehicles or items stolen from vehicles.
9. Children must wait for their parents to pick them up inside the Studio. Please do not ask them to meet you elsewhere. Manuel Music Studio assumes no responsibility for children who leave unaccompanied.