Manuel Creative Arts Academy
Policies And Procedures
Thanks for checking out our Tuition & Policies page, this page isn’t a lot of fun but it is really important so please take the time to read it. If you have any questions about it click the chat box in the bottom right and send us a message.
1. All payments are processed by pre-authorized credit cards, we do not accept checks or cash for lessons. One on one lessons are billed four lessons at a time. The tuition depends on the teacher and length of the lessons. Most of our teachers charge between $20-30 for half hour lessons and between $35-55 for hour long lessons. Tuition is never prorated for missed lessons. Tuition does not include any retail teaching materials such as books, instruments, shoes, tights, props, etc.
We offer a one hour introductory lessons for students to experience a lesson without committing to four lessons. Introductory lessons are $50 regardless of instructor.
2. Regular attendance at lessons is crucial for students to progress with their lessons. Excessive absences will be determined by each teacher and are not acceptable. Families with excessive absences and/or tardiness may be asked to resume lessons when their schedules settle.
CANCELLATIONS, MAKEUPS, REFUNDS, & PRORATING
3. We appreciate as much notice as possible for lesson cancellations and will work with you to reschedule lessons within reason; however, Manuel Creative Arts Academy does not refund or prorate lesson fees for any lesson missed by students for any reason.
4. To discontinue lessons and to discontinue charges to your account, fill out the withdrawal form prior to 14 days before your last month. We do not prorate tuition for the last month’s lessons Students will be responsible for their last month’s tuition whether or not they attend lessons. Please return either by mail or by email.
5. Manuel Creative Arts Academy operates year round and does not close for the summer. We are happy to offer makeups for our students, please schedule these with your instructor in advance. If you are taking a month off for vacation and want to resume the next month, your payment is still due to reserve your lesson space. The lessons for the month you miss can be made up when you return from vacation.
CARE OF STUDENTS
6. The school is not responsible for providing before or after care for students. Parents with children under the age of sixteen must remain in the school lobby during the classes. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time periods before or after their lessons.
OPEN DOOR POLICY
7. Parents are always allowed to sit in on lessons. We have an open door policy for lessons. If you are having lessons for your child in your home, an adult from your family must be present to supervise all lessons.
8. Parents, legal guardians of minors, students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal lesson activity or any other activity conducted by the students or their siblings before, during, or after lesson time, including hearing loss or hearing damage. Manuel Creative Arts Academy is not responsible for any damage done to vehicles or items stolen from vehicles.
9. Children must wait for their parents to pick them up inside the Academy. Please do not ask them to meet you elsewhere. Manuel Creative Arts Academy assumes no responsibility for children who leave unaccompanied.