Find Your Voice
Let Manuel Creative Arts Academy help you find your voice! We are excited to work with students from beginner to advanced (ages 10+) to develop and discover their potential through customized lessons focused on building technique through learning music. We work with our students to ensure they are progressing towards their goals. What ever your needs are we are here to meet you at your level.
We are excited to go on this journey with you, find out more by scheduling your introductory lesson, getting our “Five Ways To Improve Your Singing”, or emailing us at: [email protected]
Some benefits of Voice Lessons at Manuel Creative Arts Academy:
- All our students feel like rock stars! Because we make sure each lesson is both fun and enriching.
- We provide a clear lesson plan complete with goals, achievement levels, and performances.
- We use a song based teaching system so our students are learning songs they love while they get the academic benefits of music.
- Multiple student recitals annually.
- Access to their teacher for multiple lessons per week if desired.
- Guidance on how to efficiently practice between lessons.
- We don’t overbook ourselves so our current students get the full benefit of our energy.
- Music lessons have other great benefits like: Better grades, higher self esteem, more confidence, and good social skills. We’ve seen this proven over and over, and we know that we’re teaching so much more than music.
What Do Lessons Actually Look Like
People have a lot of preconceptions about what happens in a voice lesson, but what actually happens is pretty simple.
- Getting Settled (1-2 minutes)
- Vocal Warmups/Technical exercises. This is the part that a lot of people think of when they think about lessons; lots of scales, weird noises, endless arpeggios. This is where we work on building a solid technical footing for your singing. We promise it’s actually a lot of fun. (10-15 minutes)
- Repertoire Work. For Beginning and Intermediate students a large part of the lesson is spent working on learning songs that have been selected by the student and the teacher, this includes learning notes and rhythms, discussing artistic choices that are appropriate for the song, and working through challenging technical aspects of the music. Advanced students usually need less help with the notes and rhythms so more time is spent on the artistic choices. (40-45 minutes)
- Recap & Goodbye (1-2 Minutes)
- Music Theory and History is worked in as appropriate throughout the entire lesson.